It can be confusing trying to work out where to start on the path of studying and practicing mindfulness and self-compassion, and then also trying to work out “where to next?” I’d love to make that easier for you. Here’s the HeartWorks approach to Study and Practice:
If you’re self-compassion-curious, here are your options:
- read about the HeartWorks vision;
- read about Kristy’s journey to mindfulness and self-compassion;
- read about the three components of self-compassion;
- read a blog post in your area of interest;
- watch a video;
- read a book in your area of interest;
- attend a free online information session about Live Online Mindful Self-Compassion;
- listen to a podcast;
- follow HeartWorks on social media
Once you’ve made that first connection and you want to learn more, you can explore some basic skills:
- follow guided meditations online;
- follow Insight Timer guided meditations;
- attend a talk, introductory workshop or skills training workshop;
- join the HeartWorks Book Study group.
When you’re ready for more of a full-bodied experience:
- attend a Mindful Self-Compassion course in-person or online;
- attend an online mini-retreat;
- attend an in-person mini-retreat.
Once you have some skills and experience under your belt and you want some support in cultivating those skills:
- enroll in the self-paced online HeartWorks Nourishing Practice program for practice support;
- partner with Kristy in the HeartWorks Nourishing Practice Partnership program for one-to-one support.
The HeartWorks Steps are easily accessible from the “Steps” menu bar on the homepage. Whatever you need along your journey, there’s something to explore to help further your study and practice!
May your self-compassion flourish!